- Any body movement that works your muscles and requires more energy than resting.
- For D2M, you should log bouts of moderate-to-vigorous intensity physical activity that lasts at least 10 consecutive minutes, unless you are a beginner.
- Examples include walking at least 3.0 mph, jogging, golf (no cart), tennis, yoga, calisthenics, weight training, some housework or yardwork.
- Current federal guidelines recommend at least 150 minutes of moderate intensity physical activity per week!
- If you are a beginner, you will be able to log light intensity physical activity that lasts at least 10 consecutive minutes during the first 4 weeks of the challenge. Your minutes will also be weighted more during this time.
- Examples include slow walking, golf with a cart, walking the dog, etc.
- We will be able to determine if you are a beginner from registration.
What is D2M?
An 8-week team-based physical activity competition between departments at Georgia State University. Each team will elect a team captain who will send weekly emails to team members. Each team member logs their minutes of physical activity and the team with the greatest average minutes at the end of the 8 weeks wins!
How do I participate?
- The D2M program will begin on February 5th, 2018 and continues for 8 weeks through April 1st.
- Online registration opens December 4 , 2017 and continues until the beginning of the program.
- Registration will include creating an account with the MapMyFitness website or mobile app. To complete the process, you will have to accept a “friend request” from a KH liaison who will keep track of your minutes for the competition!
- You log your minutes of physical activity (at least 10 mins of moderate-to-vigorous intensity) using either the MapMyFitness website or smartphone app.
Why should I participate?
- D2M is an inexpensive, easy, and fun way to be physically active and improve your health.
- We offer free fitness assessments before and after D2M to all participants.
- This is a great way to begin your journey to improved health if you are not currently active.
- The first 50 registered “beginners” will be eligible for individualized programming and counseling and entered into a raffle for great prizes.
- This is a competition. Help lead your department to a trophy!
- Teams will receive bonus minutes at the end of week one based on the percentage of full-time employees who join the team.